Mary Beaumont, Greenbank Chief Executive hosted the Greenbank Annual General Meeting on Monday 1 April. Mary was pleased to be reporting on her first full year at Greenbank from 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018.
The meeting was led by Alan Irving supported by Sandra Hulme. Our president Lady Angela Morgan was also in attendance.
Council of Management and members of the charity approved the Trustees Report and Accounts and the following trustees were re-elected: Alan Irving, William Shortall, Stephen Connolly, James Hulme.
Mark Swift and Susan Cunningham both resigned.
Key performance achievements during this time included:
up from 82.6% in 2016/17
up from 78.8 in 2016/17
up from 84.4% in 2016/17
Greenbank Sports Academy
During the year, Deloitte helped us undertake a strategic review of Power Hockey and produced a business plan and as a result we will set up 4 hubs nationally.
We have developed a 5 year framework to help us achieve our objectives for 2019-2024.
Transforming lives through challenging perceptions and inspiring self-belief.
Greenbank’s mission statement has been updated to better reflect the crucial role we play within the Liverpool City Region. Our new statement is
“Supporting people to achieve their potential through inclusive education, sport and leisure activities.”
Values & Beliefs
Providing opportunity for everyone
Raising aspirations to improve life
Strive for excellence in all we do
Open to new ideas and sharing of knowledge
- Be recognised as an outstanding and ambitious college with a high reputation in the delivery of provision for all students, with particular expertise for students with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Develop confident students who leave the college with knowledge, skills, qualifications, behaviours and values that enable them to gain employment and become fully active citizens.
- Be a financially strong and sustainable organisation that is essential and influential partner in achieving the priorities of the Liverpool City Region (LCR).
- Be recognised as a positive employer that values and rewards its staff.
- Be recognised as an outstanding national, regional and local provider of physical education, sport and leisure with a key focus on providing choice and opportunity for people who have a disability.