To help with our continued development, we are looking to recruit a Rebound Therapy Instructor. The ideal candidate will combine strong practical skills with the ability to communicate effectively with participants and partnership organisations. Above all they must want to make a difference to the lives of young people and vulnerable adults.
Situated alongside Sefton Park in Liverpool, Greenbank Sports Academy is part of the Greenbank Project Charity, whose mission statement is to “support people to achieve their potential through inclusive education, sport and leisure activities.”. At Greenbank Sports Academy, our ambition is to be recognised as an outstanding national, regional and local provider of physical education, sport and leisure with a key focus on providing choice and opportunity for people who have a disability.
This post forms part of the Empower Programme (Funded by the National Lottery Community Fund) which provides individually tailored, flexible programmes that respond to the specific needs and barriers to recreation, employment and training faced by disabled people.
Salary: SCP 18-21 (actual p/t salary £6776.25 – £7551.75)
Hours: 15 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed term until 30 April 2021
Responsible to: Empower Coordinator
Job Location: Main place of work is Greenbank Sports Academy, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool. All employees are required to be flexible in their approach.
Closing date: Friday 18 October 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 30 October 2019
To provide safe, stimulating, educational and fun environment for users who are undertaking Rebound Therapy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach Rebound Therapy
- To work with a variety of participants with a focus on providing support to participants with profound or complex needs
- To accurately measure and record participants progress using the Huddersfield Functional Index in conjunction with the Winstrada development programme.
- To provide group and individual sessions to ensure the project is a success
- Give one to one support to disabled people to allow them to take part in Rebound Therapy and other related activities.
- Have a positive attitude to overcoming barriers to an individual’s participation.
- To do outreach work in schools and community groups, and to link participants into further opportunities available at Greenbank and wider Merseyside network.
- To provide a smart friendly and professional service to project participants
- To promote the facilities, services and experiences to potential customers, members and organisations.
- Undertake administrative duties, maintain registers and records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
- Report any issues relating to participant progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
- Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice, attend team and staff meetings as required.
- Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- To comply with all Greenbank’s policies and procedures and quality assurance measures.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
Additional vacancy details
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: email@example.com