Vacancy Reference Number: 0058
Contract Type: 2 year funded project
Responsible to: Sport Development Manager
Job Location: Greenbank Sports Academy & national travel
Closing date: 24th October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
To develop Power Hockey into a national sport, with the development of national sports hubs. The aim to create an increase in Power Hockey sports participation, which will lead to development of a Power Hockey self-governing sports body.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop participation hubs for power hockey in Great Britain.
- To make the hubs sustainable with high player numbers, volunteers, their own bank accounts & constitution.
- Create a competition structure to enable the hubs to compete against each other.
- To organise a National Championship every year.
- To recruit & train volunteers & officials to run clubs & competitions.
- To do outreach work in schools and community groups to feed into the hubs.
- To provide a smart friendly and professional service to customers.
- To promote the sport of power hockey through development work & promotion through social media & the media.
- To ensure that Greenbank’s quality standards and customer care policies are adhered when dealing with customers, governing bodies and other external organisations.
- To undergo training as part of an agreed appraisal system.
- To carry out other duties assigned by Greenbank’s Chief Executive.
- To create and maintain partnerships with voluntary and statutory organisations, education establishments and Community clubs, in order to provide an enhanced programme of sporting activities for disabled people on.
- To find sponsors & write grant applications etc. to fund the programme.
- To report back professionally to funders who have invested in the programme.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Additional vacancy details
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service