SCP 24 – 27 Actual part time salary £7,137 – £7,856 p.a. (FTE £21,962 – £24,174 p.a.)
Hours: Part-time 13 hours per week, (Including 1 hour daily lunch break).
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible to: Maths Coordinator
The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG but all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to working conditions and expected to work at other sites as and when required.
Closing date: Thursday 22 August 2019
To provide excellent teaching and learning for maths and support the raising of standards in accordance with the corporate aims and strategic objectives of the organisation. The post holder will be asked to teach some classes from pre-entry to level 2 and, if required, to teach GCSE math’s grade 9 to 1.
To support initial assessment, teaching performance, learner achievement, attendance and retention, target setting and other quality measures as required by awarding bodies, funders and inspection bodies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver high quality and inclusive maths teaching and learning.
- To prepare relevant course/subject materials.
- To use a variety of delivery methods that will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and the demands of the syllabus/course.
- To support the curriculum management on curriculum and course development.
- Working with colleagues in supporting the cross-college delivery of Functional Skills.
- Develop resources, support teaching programmes and deliver on a number of courses as required.
- To support the achievement of annual targets for learner retention and success rates.
- To work collaboratively in support of “Instructions for conducting examinations” (ICE) guidance and reasonable adjustments for exam candidates.
- Provide excellent assessment feedback in accordance with examination and awarding body requirements.
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual learners, course and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
- To provide accurate and timely formative assessment and feedback to learners, and maintain assessment records, including tracking and reporting of learner progress in line with college policy.
- To provide active support to individual learners.
- To contribute to curriculum developments including the embedding of maths into the curriculum.
- To participate in appropriate programme and course team meetings to ensure contributions to individual learning programmes and maximise achievement opportunities for learners.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the curriculum, courses and teaching practices and keep course material. To keep abreast of developments within own areas of expertise and to keep course material up to date to reflect the requirements of the business and the examining/validating bodies.
- Work to promote and apply the organisation’s safeguarding policy and practices.
- To liaise with SEND managers and others.
- Carry out any duties at all times in accordance with the organisation’s policies including the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies.
- Incorporate into the role the philosophy, values and behaviour stated in the company’s mission and strategic plan.
- Participating in continuous Professional Development activities.
- Maintaining awareness of, and acting in accordance with, the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Fulfilling other duties, as may reasonably be required from time to time, including evenings, parent / carers’ evenings and College events.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Additional vacancy details
This is a part time position for 13 hours per week.
(Normal working week is 40 hours, Monday – Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm, inclusive of breaks).
Actual part time salary £7,137 – £7,856 p.a. (FTE £21,962 – £24,174 p.a.)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: email@example.com