Salary: SCP 15 £12,640 pa
Hours: Various up to 35 hours per week. Term Time only.
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible to: Student Welfare Coordinator
Job Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
Closing date: Monday 10 February, 9am
Interview Date: TBC
The post holder is responsible for supporting students during education/vocational learning sessions and work placements and for providing on course assistance/support to tutors during sessions. You will also be responsible for some personal care needs including feeding, use of toilet, changing, hoist etc, where this enables access to learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support students during learning sessions/activities and work together with tutors in the delivery of learning opportunities.
- Undertake break and lunchtime supervision as required.
- To develop a flexible working practice to achieve students identified and agreed learning objectives.
- To provide personal care if required to facilitate access to learning.
- Liaise with relevant staff across the organisation and relevant external agencies contributing to the student’s individual action plan and agreed learning/work goals.
- Take an active role in the student review process supporting the student, tutor and student’s representative in contributing to the learning process.
- Responsible for undertaking job task analysis whilst supporting students on work placement and work with students to ensure they can proficiently undertake each element of the job.
- Undertake administrative duties, maintain records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
- Report any issues relating to student progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
- Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
- Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- To comply with all Greenbank’s policies and procedures and quality assurance measures.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Additional vacancy details
There are a number of positions, with various hours, up to 35 hours per week, term time working.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: email@example.com