Salary: SCP 15-18 £17,072-£18,070 for 40 hours per week contract. (Pro rata £14938-£15811 based on 52 weeks)
Hours: 35 hours per week (options for part-time work)
Contract Type: Term Time only
Responsible to: Student Welfare Coordinator
Job Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane,
Liverpool L17 1AG. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
Closing date: 3pm Friday 14 December 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 18 December 2018
The post holder is responsible for supporting students during education/vocational learning sessions and work placements and for providing on course assistance/support to tutors during sessions. You will also be responsible for some personal care needs including feeding, use of toilet, changing, hoist etc, where this enables access to learning.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support students during learning sessions/activities and work together with tutors in the delivery of learning opportunities.
- Undertake break and lunchtime supervision as required.
- To develop a flexible working practice to achieve students identified and agreed learning objectives.
- To provide personal care if required to facilitate access to learning.
Liaise with relevant staff across the organisation and relevant external agencies contributing to the student’s individual action plan and agreed learning/work goals.
- Take an active role in the student review process supporting the student, tutor and student’s representative in contributing to the learning process.
- Responsible for undertaking job task analysis whilst supporting students on work placement and work with students to ensure they can proficiently undertake each element of the job.
- Undertake administrative duties, maintain records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
- Report any issues relating to student progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
- Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
To comply with all Greenbank’s policies and procedures and quality assurance measures.
Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake other activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the Manager.
This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Greenbank is an Equal Opportunities employer and applications are particularly welcome from disabled people.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Candidate’s suitability will be measured by assessment in the following ways:
A – Application: I – Interview: R – References: O – Observation:
The main duties, qualities, skills, qualifications and experience required:
|You must have an appropriate Level 2 in learning or employment support work and/or proven work or voluntary experience in supporting students during education and/or vocational training sessions.||A/O/I/R|
|You must have level 2 qualifications in English and maths or be willing to work towards them.||A/O/I/R|
|Experience of working as part of a team dealing with students with differing ability levels/support needs.||A/I/O/R|
|Excellent understanding of barriers to accessing learning and employment.||A/I/O/R|
|Proven communication skills at all levels and the ability to liaise with internal departments and external agencies.||A/I/O/R|
The ability to work on your own initiative within the various departmental teams.
|Good organisational and administrative skills including basic word processing skills.||A/I/O/R|
|Positive attitude towards equal opportunities and able to demonstrate commitment to the development of all students.||A/I/O/R|
|Must be willing to travel between sites across Merseyside.||A|
|Commitment to the promotion of safe learning and safeguarding practice.||A/I/R/O|
|Experience of working with young people, looked after children, youth offenders.||A/I/O|
|Experience of delivery in a one to one and small group setting.||A/I/O|
|Experience of supporting people with personal care needs.||A/I/O/R|