Salary: £21,962 – £24,174 (SCP 24 – 27) Actual part-time salary £17,569 – £19,339 p.a.
Hours: Part-time 32 hours per week, (Including 1 hour daily lunch break).
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible to: Education & SEND Manager
Job Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG but all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to working conditions and expected to work at other sites as and when required.
Closing date: Thursday 22 August 2019
To develop and maintain curriculum delivery across practical horticulture programmes across the academic year. To support initial assessment, teaching performance, learner achievement, attendance and retention, target setting, differentiation for SEND learners and other quality measures as required by awarding bodies, funders and inspection bodies.
The role comprises of teaching and delivering practical lessons as well as some hands on gardening.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery and development of practical horticulture courses, both non-accredited courses at pre-entry and entry 2, entry 3 & level 1 accredited programmes.
- You will be responsible for developing lesson plans, schemes of work and tutorial resources to an agreed format for use within the department. To adapt and provide user-friendly resources for the delivery of courses.
- To assess students in accordance with Awarding Body Guidelines; liaising with the appropriate Awarding Body as and when necessary ensuring compliance with their policies/procedures
- Ensure adherence to an efficient learner tracking system in compliance with Greenbank’s quality systems and funding body guidelines. Monitor and support learner attendance, retention and achievements providing accurate management information as and when required.
- To maintain the garden areas to ensure they are safe, user friendly and suitable for the delivery of the horticulture programmes.
- To assist in the support, mentoring & review of volunteers within classes.
- To undertake administrative duties, maintaining confidential records, monitor, review and evaluate work in line with quality standards.
- Required to contribute to a yearly maintenance plan for the external grounds.
- Comply with all of Greenbank’s policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice, attend team and staff meetings as required
- Required to attend and undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s Senior Management Team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake other activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the CEO. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the ongoing development of the organisation.
Additional vacancy details
This is a part time position of 32 hours per week, inclusive of paid lunch breaks.
(Normal working week is 40 hours, Monday – Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm, inclusive of breaks).
Actual part time salary £17,569 – £19,339 p.a. (FTE £21,962 – £24,174 p.a.)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org