Salary: £8.21 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week (Flexible to cover 7 day week openings)
Contract Type: Fixed term until January 2020
Number of posts: 2
Responsible to: Time Out Café Team Leader
Job Location: Main place of work is Greenbank Sports Academy, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool. All employees are required to be flexible in their approach.
Closing date: Sunday 13 October 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Greenbank Sports academy, part of the Greenbank Project, is situated on the edge of picturesque Sefton Park, Liverpool. Our mission statement is to “support people to achieve their potential through inclusive education, sport and leisure activities.”. Our ambition is to be recognised as an outstanding national, regional and local provider of physical education, sport and leisure with a key focus on providing choice and opportunity for people who have a disability.
Our Time Out Café facility is a key element of achieving our ambitions and we have two positions for Food and Beverages Assistants. If you like to work with different people and ensure customers have an excellent customer experience, you can be flexible in your approach to working hours and are looking to work in a rewarding environment, then we would be interested in hearing from you.
To provide excellent customer service and serve food and beverages to customers at Time Out Café Bar. Also to ensure the effective operation of all cafe, conference and accommodation services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide friendly, efficient and effective customer service when serving food and beverages.
- Prepare conference facilities and equipment, ensuring equipment is safe to use.
- To undertake administrative duties and operate booking management software including taking customer bookings and payments.
- To record bookings, handle cash, take accurate messages and undertake daily shift financial summaries.
- To record delivery of bar stock and ensure it is safely stored. Restock bar accordingly including changing barrels/Kegs/Gas bottles.
- To participate in new customer generation and retention activities.
- To promote the facilities and activities to potential customers and organisations.
- To work as part of a rota system in line with opening hours of the Academy, including evenings and weekends.
- To ensure that Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and all other relevant policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- To work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice and customer service skills.
- Attend team and staff meetings as required and to attend and undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
Additional vacancy details
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake other activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the Manager.
This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org