Salary: £13,552 – £15,103
Hours: 30 Hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible to: Sports Duty Manager
Job Location: Main place of work is Greenbank Sports Academy, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool. All employees are required to be flexible in their approach.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 February 2019
To assist customers in the gym, provide excellent customer service and ensure programmes are designed to suit individual needs. To assist with bookings in the sports hall and ensure all equipment is set up in a timely and safe manor. To lead fitness based classes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work alongside customers in the gymnasium ensuring individual needs are catered for. Prepare individual plans and support where needed.
- To lead a range of fitness and HIIT based activity sessions.
- Prepare the facilities and equipment, ensuring equipment is safe to use.
- Ensure delivery of a high standard of customer care.
- To participate in new member generation activities and retention activities.
- To undertake administrative duties and operate Sports Management booking software. Take customer bookings and payments.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained appropriately.
- To promote the facilities and sports activities to potential participants, parents, schools and organisations.
- To comply with Greenbank’s confidentiality policies & procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring Health & Safety and Safeguarding are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with equal opportunities and other legislative requirements.
- Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice and customer service skills.
- Attend team and staff meetings as required and to attend and undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake other activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the Manager.
This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Greenbank is an Equal Opportunities employer and applications are particularly welcome from disabled people.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Candidate’s suitability will be measured by assessment in the following ways:
A – Application: I – Interview: R – References: O – Observation:
The main duties, qualities, skills, qualifications and experience required:
|A recognised gym instructor qualification||A/O/I/R|
|Experience of working as part of a team dealing with customers with differing ability levels/support needs||A/I/O/R|
|Experience of supporting people with individual needs and setting programmes||A/I/O/R|
|Experience of setting up a range of sports equipment||A/I/O/R|
|Proven communication and customer care skills at all levels and the ability to liaise with internal departments and staff members.||A/I/O/R|
|The ability to work on your own initiative||A/I/R|
|Good organisational and administrative skills including basic word processing skills||A/I/O/R|
|Positive attitude towards equal opportunities and able to demonstrate commitment to the development of all||A/I/O/R|
|Commitment to the promotion of safe learning and safeguarding practice||A/I/R/O|
|Experience of working with disabled people||A/I/O|
|Hold a current first aid certificate||A/I|
|Experience of leisure management software and dealing with money/transactions.||A/I/O|
|Experience in working in the hospitality industry||A/I/O|