To help provide our learners with the best educational experience, we are looking to appoint a number of communication support workers to meet the needs of our deaf/hearing impaired students, by providing them with communication support in and out of class, to help remove any barriers to them accessing learning.
If you have the skills for this role and possess a desire to help young people reach out to their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
Salary: £15 per hour
Hours: Various between 15 – 18 hours per week. Term Time working (36 weeks).
Contract Type: Temporary to July 2021
Responsible to: Student Welfare Officer
Job Location: Main place of work Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
Closing date: 10am, Tuesday 25 August 2020
Interview Date: TBC
To meet the needs of deaf/hearing impaired students including communication support in and out of class to remove barriers to accessing learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide communication support across the College curriculum by using an appropriate method of communication e.g. British Sign Language.
- To implement, record and review support strategies.
- To work closely with tutors to support inclusive teaching.
- To provide sign language communication at home/College meetings as required.
- Undertake administrative duties, maintain records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
- Report any issues relating to student progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
- To comply with and implement all Greenbank’s policies and procedures and any other legislative requirements.
- To undertake training as required.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Additional vacancy details
- Please read the instructions on the application form before completing.
- Please complete the application form in full.
- Any CV’s submitted without a completed application form will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and adhering to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Completed application forms to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org