Salary: SCP 24-27 £21,962 – £24,174 (Pro Rata-normal working week 40 hours)
Hours: 38 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible to: Catering Coordinator
Job Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG but all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to working conditions and expected to work at other sites as and when required.
Closing date: Friday 25 January 2019, 3pm
Interview date: Wednesday 30 January 2019
To develop and maintain curriculum delivery across catering programmes. To support initial assessment, teaching performance, learner achievement, attendance and retention, target setting and other quality measures as required by awarding bodies, funders and inspection bodies.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of accredited and non-accredited catering courses at pre-entry, entry & level 1&2
- You will be responsible for developing lesson plans, schemes of work and tutorial resources to an agreed format for use within the Catering department. To adapt and provide user-friendly resources for the delivery of courses.
- To assess students in accordance with Awarding Body Guidelines; liaising with the appropriate Awarding Body as and when necessary ensuring compliance with their policies/procedures
- Ensure adherence to an efficient learner tracking system in compliance with Greenbank’s quality systems and funding body guidelines. Monitor and support learner attendance, retention and achievements providing accurate management information as and when required
- To assist in the support, mentoring & review of learner support/volunteers within classes.
- To undertake administrative duties, maintaining confidential records, monitor, review and evaluate work in line with quality standards.
- Comply with all of Greenbank’s policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice, attend team and staff meetings as required
- Required to attend and undergo training recommended by the line manager.
- Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s Senior Management Team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake other activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the Manager.
This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Greenbank is an Equal Opportunities employer and applications are particularly welcome from disabled people.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Candidate’s suitability will be measured by assessment in the following ways:
A – Application: I – Interview: R – References: O – Observation:
The main duties, qualities, skills, qualifications and experience required:
|Proven experience of teaching and assessing in a college/vocational environment with a recognised teaching qualification e.g. PGCE, DTLLS or Cert Ed Post 16 or commitment to work towards||A/O/I/R|
|Hold relevant Level 3 catering qualifications. Hold a food hygiene certificate at Level 2||A/I|
|Hold the appropriate assessor qualification||A/I|
|Good working knowledge of catering related qualifications, awarding body procedures and the ability to match resources to learner needs||A/I/O|
|Excellent organisational skills, computer and written skills||A/I/O/R|
|Understanding of national and legislative standards in further education sector including OFSTED Common Inspection Framework and ability to transfer this knowledge into other employment sectors||A/I/O/R|
|Good assessment and diagnostic skills||A/I/R|
|Good communication skills||A/I/O/R|
|To be a team player and have the ability to work on own initiative||A/I/R|
|To undergo training as part of an agreed performance review system||A|
|Positive attitude to equality and diversity and ability to demonstrate a commitment to all learners||A/I/R|
|Hold appropriate verification qualification||A/I|
|Experience of delivery in a one to one and small group setting||A/I/O|
|Experience of working with young people, disabled people and adult returners to learning||A/I/O/R|