Salary: £8.69 per hour
Hours: Session days and times to be agreed with successful candidate/s, but could include weekend sessions.
Contract Type: Casual
Responsible to: Empower Project Coordinator and/or Sports Development Manager
Job Location: Main place of work is Greenbank Sports Academy, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool, L17 1AG but all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to working conditions and expected to work at other sites as and when required.
Closing date: Monday 20 May
Interview date: Tuesday 28 May
To provide sport and recreational activities, sessions and support primarily for disabled people. Sport Coach will provide sports coaching for participants, remove barriers and enable them to engage in sport and physical activity opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide organised coaching sessions, taster sessions and individual support as required
- Develop and strengthen links with local sports clubs and partnerships to encourage ongoing participation.
- Give one to one support to disabled people to allow them to take part fully in community activities including sport, fitness and physical activity.
- Have the ability to adapt sessions to include all people.
- Have a positive attitude to overcoming barriers to an individual’s participation.
- To do outreach work in schools and community groups, and to link participants into further opportunities available at Greenbank and wider Merseyside network.
- To provide a smart friendly and professional service to project participants
- To promote the facilities, services and experiences to potential customers, members and organisations.
- Promote equality and diversity at all times.
- Comply with all of Greenbank’s policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and training.
- Carry out other duties assigned by management from time to time.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake other activities related to achieving the organisations objectives, as determined by the Manager.
This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Greenbank is an Equal Opportunities employer and applications are particularly welcome from disabled people.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Candidate’s suitability will be measured by assessment in the following ways:
A – Application: I – Interview: R – References: O – Observation:
The main duties, qualities, skills, qualifications and experience required:
|Relevant experience in disability sport and physical activity||A/I|
|NGB coaching qualifications (Minimum of 2 Level 1) and experience in a range of sports and activities||A/I|
|Knowledge and experience of working with disabled people||A/I|
|Knowledge of Paralympic and Inclusive Sports||A/I|
|Enthusiastic and proactive about working with disabled people doing physical activities in a sport environment||A/I|
|Experience of leading sessions/Leadership||A/I/R|
|To be a team player and ability to work on own initiative||A/I|
|Flexible and able to cover sessions at short notice||A/I|
|Good customer care skills||A/I|
|Experience of manual handling||A/I|
|Experience of linking disabled people to appropriate activities and opportunities||A/I|
|Commitment to the promotion of safe learning and safeguarding practice||A/I|
|Commitment to undergo training as part of an agreed performance review system||A/I|
|To hold a full, clean driving licence||A|
|Knowledge of disability related networks and legislation||A/I/R|
|Safeguarding of young people and adults||A/I/O|
|Experience/ understanding of Cycling||A/I|
|First Aid/Safeguarding training||A/I|
|Cycle Maintenance experience||A/I|